Monday, May 31, 2010

Seriously?

School is over? Really? I had great plans to lounge by the pool with my Nook (which, by the way, is the best piece of technology to ever enter my life), but Mother Nature had other ideas. Since when does it storm in the morning? Pool plans postponed.

Everyone keeps asking me if I'm excited that school is over and I'm moving in the Fall, and I don't really know how to answer them. I'm teaching summer school, so I'm not really finished yet, and that's still in the back of my mind, but I guess the biggest feeling I have is anticipation. I'm anxious to begin this new phase of my life, but at the same time, it's a little scary. I feel at once happy to have more time with the people I care most about--and frustrated that these goodbyes are so drawn out. I'm still weeding out stuff...packing up for the move into one, furnished bedroom makes me feel like I'm 18 and headed off to college for the first time again. Those are warm fuzzy memories.

The times, they are a-changin'...but are they changing fast enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment