Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Starting Out

Well, this is my very first blog post, so I suppose I should explain why it even exists.  I am a middle school English teacher born and bred in the South--in the deep, deep South.  I'll be leaving the land of sweet tea and deep-fried...well, everything....in August and heading north to begin my Ph.D.

It's been quite a year (as a teacher, I tend to see years in terms of school years), and the next five years are going to be an adventure.  I'm hoping to keep my family and friends involved in this process as I move across the country, but I'd also like to open this up to people who I don't yet know.  To that end, I'm planning on keeping this blog anonymous, but I'm anxious to hear any constructive comments!

1 comment:

  1. As one of those friends you are hoping to involve in your moving process, you mean't that metaphorically right? I'm so kidding. I will roadtrip my way to the great white north, as you call it, to help move you in. I think that sounds like great fun! If I get lost along the way, and find myself in a "city that doesn't sleep" don't worry, I'll call you from Broadway. :o)

    ReplyDelete