Saturday, January 7, 2012

Success!

I have officially ticked off one box on my PhD "To Do" list. I passed my language exam this week! This, my friends, is quite an accomplishment, considering how long it's been since I've taken French. I studied for much of Christmas break, which is something I felt more than a little resentful about. Had I not passed, I would have been pretty upset about wasting that precious time with my family. But I did pass, so I don't have to worry about the language requirement hanging over my head or keeping me from achieving candidacy--or worse, endangering my funding.

This semester is off and running--and it's looking like it's gonna be a good one. I'm taking three classes, and all three have the potential to significantly contribute to my research. Finally. Classes that correspond to what I care about. I'm looking forward to seeing where they'll lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment